Thursday, November 13, 2008

Halloween Fun

Click to play halloween

Halloween started off this year a church party and the kids loved dressing up. Then on Friday they had a parade at school to show off there costumes. I met Debby there and didn't recognize her at all. It was fun but long. I am glad my children were in the younger classes because there was a long intermission, like 15-20 minutes, between them and the older classes.



Who is this holding me? Mommy!



Then later we really enjoyed spending it with our family over at Ben's brothers house. We had chili and donuts and cake and the adults talked while Xandi too the kids out trick or treating while we ate and spent the time getting Zach to walk.


When the kids came back, I took Jac and Sam and Ethan over to my friends house next door. They totally love Halloween and it definately shows. When you walk up to the house there is eery music going. You knock on the door and it creeks open to a long hallway with fog and Frankenstein (Mike) coming down the hall with candy. It was great. The kids were right at my side. Awesome!!


Then Samantha wanted to go to her friends house on the other side of ours. I was walking a bit behind her and all the sudden she comes running back to me screaming and crying. She came face to face with this wonderful woman. Scary!!!!!


This took a while to take because Samantha would not look at her. Sherian made an awesome witch. To achieve this picture, she had to cover her face with a coat or something, let Samantha hear her voice, and then Samantha schootched back towards her and drop the cover. It was great! Is that bad to say? I mean, my little girl was sobbing tears and I am wanting a photo opp.




Then we went back over to the house and ate more and just had a good time. I think I loved and thought the most original costume came from Stacy's sister Kim. What do you think?

All in all it was a fabulous time, much better then just sitting at home handing out candy. Oh and by the way our neighborhood reall rocks out the candy. Full size candy bars. We never had that growing up. The older kids came back loaded with full size pillow cases filled to the rim. Luckily my kids only got less then a third and they were happy as clams! It cut down on the candy for Ben and I but oh well.


My absolute favorite pic this year was ..........

Seriously look at Samantha's eye!

Happy Halloween!!!!
































































































































































4 comments:

Our Happy Family said...

I love the slideshow and all the pictures. Cute Wendy's costume. I want to go trick or treating in your neighborhood, if they are giving out full size candy bars.

Stacy said...

You have such a cute family and I love how animated Sam is when you point the camera at her. How funny.

Sherian said...

What a fun family you have! Your kids are so cute, we loved having them after the church party. Samantha is such a 'little lady' and Jake makes some of the best 'boy noises' I've ever heard! Sorry for scaring Samantha so badly, she was a good sport for that pic.(I think that might be my favorite picture of myself!)

Kelline said...

I love Halloween through the eyes of children! It is awesome! Looks like you have a great neighborhood.